A separate chapter covers survey problems after flood and fire damage, and the legal section takes account of recent developments in case law relating to inspections and surveys of properties.
This new edition continues to provide a thorough treatment of all the key issues relating to surveying buildings, dealing with the problems that surveyors are likely to encounter when inspecting buildings.
Changes for the new edition include:
- Examples and references have been updated
- Evaluation of condition rating systems for domestic and commercial buildings
- A new section on the home condition reports
- More information on slate defects
- Bibliography revised and expanded, to make it more comprehensive
- Additional appendix showing the home condition report format
About the Author
James Douglas is a lecturer in building surveying at Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, teaching mainly building pathology and refurbishment. He is a qualified chartered building surveyor with many years public sector experience dealing primarily with maintenance and adaptation, as well as the inspection and surveying of buildings, particularly for dampness problems.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.