Complete Any Construction Job On Time, within Budget, and According to Specifications
Turn to the updated Second Edition of Construction Superintendent's Operations Manual for step-by-step guidance on managing every aspect of complex construction jobs. From handling construction contracts to managing construction components and technology, this hands-on resource will help you ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget, and according to specifications.
Packed with over 100 forms, sample letters, and checklists, this easy-to-use reference shows readers how to organize a project, work with subcontractors, rehabilitate old buildings, establish safety procedures at the jobsite, achieve quality control and quality assurance, write effective business letters, and much more. The Second Edition of Construction Superintendent's Operations Manual now features:
- A wealth of construction methods, strategies, and tactics
- Dealing with difficult issues at the site, coordination, subsurface conditions
- Time and material pitfalls to avoid
- Tips on working with subcontractors and completing jobs successfully
- Over 100 forms, letters, and checklists, both in the book and on the CD-ROM
- SI units where applicable
- NEW to this edition: more details on construction contract documents, including design-build; new information on bonds and insurance; updated coverage of site safety, with OSHA citations
Inside This Cutting-Edge Construction Management Guide• Introduction to the Construction Industry
From the Publisher
From the Back Cover
YOUR ONE-STOP RESOURCE FOR EFFECTIVE CONSTRUCTION SITE SUPERVISION!
As a construction superintendent, you know your job involves more than simply riding herd over a work crew and a site full of equipment. "Construction Superintendent's Operations Manual" provides a rich resource to help you in every aspect of your complex work.
Written with insight by a noted construction industry consultant, this easy-to-use volume addresses three basic topics: administering construction contracts, supervising the construction process, and construction components and technology. It provides comprehensive guidance on a wide range of issues, including employee relations, construction quality, and safety. Plus, you get:
* Over 100 handy forms, sample letters, and checklists
* Effective project-management techniques
* In-depth review of contract documents
* Avoid pitfalls of renovation and rehab work
* Tips and techniques for successful job completion
* And much, much more!
So, if bringing in your jobs safely, on schedule, on budget, and without outstanding disputes or claims is your goal, make sure you have the "Construction Superintendent's Operations Manual" handy.
About the Author
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.