The Definitive Handbook on Cranes and Derricks--Updated Per the Latest Standards and Equipment
Fully revised throughout, Cranes and Derricks. Fourth Edition, offers comprehensive coverage of the selection, installation, and safe use of cranes and derricks on construction sites. Written for both engineers and non-engineers by the principals of an engineering consulting firm that has helped to define the state-of-the-art in crane and derrick engineering, this authoritative guide discusses a wide range of equipment and the operations, capabilities, advantages, and disadvantages of each device. References to U.S. and international codes and standards are included in this practical resource, as well as a comprehensive glossary.
Cranes and Derricks, Fourth Edition, covers:
- Lifting equipment theory and fundamentals
- Crane and derrick types and configurations
- Mobile crane practices for both crawler and wheel-based cranes
- Multiple crane picks
- Installation design for tower cranes
- Jumping of tower cranes
- Chicago boom, guy, gin pole, stiffleg, and other forms of derricks
- Loads acting on cranes and the forces imposed by cranes on their supports
- Analysis of wind using ASCE-37 and ASCE-7
- Stability against overturning
- Safety and risk management
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.