Giving you a combination of general principles, applied practice and information on the state-of-the-art, this book will give you the information you need to incorporate the latest systems and technologies into your building projects. It focuses on a number of important issues, such as:
- Network communication protocols and standards, including the application of the internet.
- The integration and interfacing of building automation subsystems and multiple building systems.
- Local and supervisory control strategies for typical building services systems.
- The automation system configuration and technologies for air-conditioning control, lighting system control, security and access control, and fire safety control.
Whether you’re a project manager or engineer planning the systems set-up for a high value building, or a building engineering or management student looking for a practical guide to automation and intelligent systems, this book provides a valuable introduction and overview.
"The style used by the author is one that makes the early chapters of the book highly accessible to students readers, and should leave them well-prepared to take on the more detailed information in the later stages.[...] Provides a good description of the principles behind intelligent buildings and describes several areas of possible application of the principles outlined in the early chapters."
- Construction Management and Economics
About the Author
Shengwei Wang is a chair Professor at the Hong Kong Polytechnic University where he teaches Intelligent Building, Building Automation and Control, and Energy Efficiency. He is a member of ASHRAE technical committee TC-7.5 (Smart Building Systems).
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.