Introduction to Health and Safety in Construction covers the specific challenges faced by the construction industry as well as the basics of occupational safety and health in general. The coverage of this book has been directly matched to the Certificate course in Construction Safety and Health from NEBOSH. However, the comprehensive coverage of health and safety topics in a construction context make it relevant for other courses in Construction Design and Management, Construction Safety and Health, and the Built Environment, both in the UK and overseas, as well as for construction professionals who are looking for an introduction to health and safety which addresses the specific problems encountered in their industry.
In its second edition the book has been updated to incorporate changes in legislation, regarding:
- Work at Height
- Fire Safety
- Construction Design and Management
The text is highly illustrated in full colour, easy to read and includes self-assessment questions taken directly from NEBOSH examinations. A chapter on study skills offers support for professionals returning to study. The text is also supported with checklists, report forms and record sheets, making it a valuable reference tool for construction managers, supervisors, designers, building and civil engineers to consult on the day to day issues of health and safety.
* Fully covers the syllabus for the NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Safety and Health
* Student-friendly presentation in full colour packed with illustrations and photographs
* Includes a summary of the main legislation, ideal as a reference for students as well as for all managers in the construction industry
- John Lacey, FIOSH, RSP, FSIA, MASSE, Past President of IOSH and the Past Chairman of the Construction Specialist Group
"This reference book is an excellent study aid for those engaging in the new NEBOSH Construction Certificate syllabus. The text of this book is well laid out and easy to read. It follows a logical sequence similar to that instigated on a project - namely planning through implementation to review."
- Lawrence Webb, MIOSH, RSP, AIEMA, Costain Limited & International SHE Manager
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.