While the construction process still requires traditional skills, the dynamic nature of construction demands of its managers improved understanding of modern business, production and contractual practices. This well established, core undergraduate textbook reflects current best practice in the management of construction projects, with particular emphasis given to supply chains and networks, value and risk management, BIM, ICT, project arrangements, corporate social responsibility, training, health and welfare and environmental sustainability.
The overall themes for the Eighth Edition Modern Construction Management are:
- Drivers for efficiency: lean construction underpinning production management and off-site production methods.
- Sustainability: reflecting the transition to a low carbon economy.
- Corporate Social Responsibility: embracing health & safety and employment issues.
- Modern contractual systems driving effective procurement
- Building Information Modelling directed towards the improvement of collaboration in construction management systems
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.